Saturday, June 16, 2012

We're Back!

We just got back from a trip to Oregon to celebrate my grandma's 90th birthday. We had just planned to stay for the weekend, but at the last minute we bought John a plane ticket back since he had to work, and I stayed a few extra days and drove back with the boys. I was a little nervous to make the 8 hour drive by myself (well, as the only adult anyway), but the boys surprised me by being on their best behavior. It was all smooth sailing until we got just a little outside of Spokane and there was a 2 car roll-over accident right in front of us. It freaked me out a little but luckily the boys were all either sleeping or playing video games and they barely even noticed except to ask why I pulled over!

We got to go to both the zoo and the coast while we were in Oregon. I really miss the ocean, and lake beaches just aren't the same as ocean beaches! The boys had lots of fun spending time with their grandparents, great-grandmothers, aunts, uncles, cousins... We don't make it there very often but when we do, we try to see everyone.

So we're all back "home" except we have to pick up the trailer since we took it in to get it checked out because I thought we had a leak. They said they couldn't find anything so I guess we'll just keep an eye on it. After going almost a week with virtually no sleep (Archer was sick and was a terrible sleeper the whole time we were gone), I'm ready to attempt to get some sleep in my own (slightly uncomfortable but at least familiar) bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment