Monday, June 4, 2012

Bread FAIL

I am gluten-free, so I either make my own bread or go without. The loaf pan didn't make the cut for the trailer, so I had planned to just go without. (I'm too afraid to light the oven anyway!) I've been feeling kind of bread deprived for the past couple of weeks, and it's even worse that the boys have been eating an abundance of pb&j!
I read somewhere about baking bread in the crockpot so thought I'd give it a try. Well...let's just say its probably not a good idea to mix it up, put it in the crockpot, and then leave intending to be back after a "quick" playdate.
It will not be quick. Especially when it takes 45 minutes to get there...then it's so warm and sunny that you stay a little longer...then your friend's son staples his finger & you can't get the staple out so you stay with the other kids until they get back...then you have a 45 minute drive back...
Your bread will be burned.
The non-burned part is edible though so I'll try it again with more supervision!

No comments:

Post a Comment