Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Vegas Vacay

John and I are in the midst of a mini vacation at Vegas. John has a conference & I decided to tag along since I had never been to Vegas. Our flight got in about 10 minutes early yesterday, but we ended up sitting on the tarmac for over 45 minutes in 105 degree heat, without ac for the first 40 minutes, in a completely full plane. Ugh. So we didn't make it to Phantom last night, but hopefully we'll make it tonight after John's conference.

So far, I'm pretty unimpressed, but I'm enjoying the downtime. We have a nice suite on the 49th floor, but the view during the day is blah. The night lights are much nicer! Our hotel is gigantic with great shopping & lots of restaurants. Last night we had sushi that rivaled our favorite sushi place in CDA.

I am definitely looking forward to seeing Phantom tonight, but we won't have time to make it to Cirque du Soleil unfortunately. Either way, it's fun to take a mostly free vacation. We leave tomorrow morning, and we'll pick up the kids and go to our new house!!!

We finally recorded & can get our keys! YES! We'll be ripping out carpet immediately, and our painter will be starting either tonight or tomorrow. I need to remember to take before & after pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment