Friday, August 17, 2012

1 Day

Yesterday evening we parked our trailer in our 1 acre of (soon-to-be) paradise! The carpet is all ripped out and so is the closet under the stairs that we are opening up. The boys & I spent most of the day removing trim, carpet tack strips, staples, and nails. My muscles are aching tonight...I'm definitely feeling old.

I was just remembering that exactly 5 years ago, we were doing the same thing to our house in Montana. Huge difference though: we had a 1 year old & I was just a couple of weeks away from Bryton's due date! I was gigantically pregnant, but I still nailed down my fair share of hardwoods! I have to say, so far it has been much easier with a 3, almost 5, and 6 year olds. While they aren't the most efficient helpers, they did contribute quite a bit! I was really proud of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment